The Burgh Correspondent asked what the big deal was about the Senator Larry Craig fiasco, wondering if it might have just been a misunderstanding over needing more toilet paper. I'm not sure how I feel about being her go-to guy on cruising etiquette, but I was able to summon up a few thoughts.
I don’t know a lot about the cruising habits of homosexuals in restrooms, but I expect that cop does. It’s his job. (I wonder who he pissed off to get that gig.)
What I do know is this:
- Guys who need toilet paper don’t use hand gestures to request it; we ask.
- Those were either really tight stalls, or he has a wider stance than Shaquille O’Neal.
- After six or seven weeks of contemplation, the distinguished Senator from
pled guilty. Idaho
- He didn’t mention it to anyone, which an innocent man would have done.
- Rumors have floated around him 25 years, ever since he went out of his way to profess his innocence during a congressional page scandal that no one accused him of being involved in.
- While no one (except maybe a few of his conservative peers) cares that he’s gay, a lot of people care that he’s a hypocritical asshole, who would happily vote in favor of public flogging for someone (else) convicted of his offense.
I just wish this had taken place closer to the election, so a few more of his holier than thou conservative brethren could go down the tubes with him.