Tuesday, July 15, 2008

No, I Didn't Make This Up

Maybe he's a better candidate for the Darwin Awards than an academic enrichment camp.

HAGERSTOWN, Md. (AP) -- A 10-year-old boy attending an academic enrichment camp at Hagerstown Community College was injured when he stuck a paper clip into a live electrical socket.

State police say the student at the College for Kids program was flown to Children's National Medical Center in Washington, D.C. on Thursday with burned hands.

College spokeswoman Beth Stull says the boy's action during a computer class was independent of what he was doing in class.

Stull says officials would look into the incident. She says officials discussed the incident with other students and a letter is being sent home to parents.

No comments: